The Book of Japanese Tea
Selecting and Brewing the perfect cup of Sencha, Matcha, and Other Japanese Teas. Do you know the difference between a bancha and a hojicha? How to brew the perfect matcha? With this book you will!
Japanese tea expert Per Oscar Brekell is one of the few foreigners to complete the difficult training in Japan as a tea instructor. Now, with this book, he shares the secrets and insights he's gleaned from a career dedicated to promoting and preparing this ancient beverage.
Combining a practical approach with in-depth knowledge and a keen eye for the healthful benefits of tea, this visual guide will help you understand everything from how tea is picked and processed to the physical and mental health benefits that come from drinking it.
Through stunning color photos and engaging information from Brekell, readers of this book will get:
- A guided tour of Japan's main tea-growing regions, from Uji/Kyoto to Shizuoka and Kagoshima, and a journey from leaf to cup;
- An introduction to top-grade premium and single-estate Japanese teas like yabukita, koshun, yamakai, sofu and asatsuyu;
- A detailed guide to brewing Japanese teas to enhance their flavor and to highlight their healthful properties;
- An in-depth look at traditional Japanese teapots and teacups;
- A curated selection of teas suitable for home brewing and serving in various situations.
Every tea lover will find something to savor in this comprehensive introduction to the incredible world of Japanese teas.
About this book:
- Writer: Per Oscar Brekell
- Language: English / Japanese
- Binding method: paperback
- Release date: May 2018
- Dimensions: 18,5 x 26,2 x 1 cm
- Number of pages: 96
- Recommended age: 16-99
The delivery time on books is about 3-5 working days.